We are now accepting applications for the year 2022.
This is a 30-day course that uses “Mori no Tsuchi”, HO-CA’s original pottery clay, and glazes.
The course is designed to teach you full-blown rokuro (potter’s wheel) techniques, so we start with 10 days of mandatory basic training.
Once you have mastered the basics, we will guide you according to your objectives.
Beginners, intermediate and advanced students
- We use a 55cm x 60cm x 60cm gas kiln.
- In some cases, firing may occur concurrently with the work of other guests. In this case, you will not be able to specify a preferred firing method.
- Please understand that there are limits to the size and number of pieces that can be fired.
- We will determine the timing of the firing.
- We aim to fire the pieces during your stay, but if we are unable to do so in time, we will send them to you after firing.
Please see this page for information on the guest rooms in which you will be staying.
Please enquire for details.
Included in the price
- Facilities and tools usage fee
- Materials (original clay, glazes, etc.)
- Gas kiln usage and firing fees (one unglazed firing, one final firing)
- Teaching fee
- Accommodation costs for 29 nights
- Utilities at the guest house
- Return transport to and from JR Tajimi station (first and last day)
Items not included in the price
- Transport costs
- Food and drink costs
- Packing and delivery costs for fired works (please pay in cash)
Period of stay
The period of stay* can be tailored to your desired dates, from a minimum of 25 days (24 nights) to a maximum of 30 days (29 nights).
*) People who do not make pottery are not permitted to stay.
- 10% of the total cost must be paid within 7 days of application.
- The remaining full amount must be paid at least one month before your intended stay.
Methods of payment
- PayPal (credit card payment)
- Bank transfer
- 30 to 15 days before booking: 30% of the fee
- 14 days to 1 day before the booking: 50% of the fee
- Cancellation on the day: 100% of the fee